We are inviting everyone to help us make a big change in the rural communities of the Volta Region of Ghana. Through our sister organization here in Kpando, UNiTED, you have the opportunity to travel to Ghana and make a difference in the lives of needy children and the lives of those in the communities they come from. UNiTED is a locally based grass roots organization, which gives them great flexibility and they can customize your volunteer experience. You can make your stay as short as 2 weeks or as long as 2 years.
For more information please contact:
The programs currently available include volunteer work at:
- Margarette Marquart Hospital
- Medical Clinics
- Another local orphanage (in great need, and not well supported)
- The Special Inclusive School (a school for the disabled)
- Local primary schools
- AIDS education/awareness/testing/counseling (depending on qualifications)
- Various community development projects (ask for details!)
- Or if you have something you are passionate about let us know and we will see what we can arrange!
We cannot pretend to remedy the serious social and economic problems of the countries where we work and send volunteers, but we can set you up to be busy, be effective, and make a lasting difference in the lives of those who need it most.