- We provide short-term health rehabilitation to severely ill children referred to us by the medical staff at Margaret Marquart Hospital. We provide emergency medical funds for in-hospital care and on release take the children into the Home until their medical problem is resolved or improved enough to be returned to their families. The children are then cared for under our Sponsorship program.
- HIV/AIDS and hygiene education is provided to local communities and schools. We pair our volunteers with some of the older children in the Childrenís Home so the message can be spread both in English and in their local languages.
- HardtHaven has recently begun providing palliative care for HIV+ women. Depending on their needs food, personal care, or companionship are provided. Volunteers spend time with these women along with some the older children in the Home who volunteer to help.
UNiTED- Unifying Neighbors Through Education and Development
Our Sister Organization based in Kpando
- UNiTED occupies a three-room office, here we coordinate our various community development and educational programs. Our rescource center provides free access to information and educational resources the community would not otherwise have access to.
- In addition to our role serving the community, UNiTED is functioning as a volunteer headquarters for HardtHaven. We keep detailed records of all our development projects with which we are involved, this makes it much easier for new volunteers arriving in Kpando to join an existing project and know its history, available resources, current status, and planned future steps.
- Please look at all of our projects. If you would like to come to Ghana and work on one please apply through our Volunteer Program. Become a volunteer
- UNiTED provides the opportunity for volunteers from around the world to make a difference in Ghana. Opportunities are provided for volunteers to spend time tutoring and playing with the children in the Home, visiting sponsored children, providing palliative care for dying AIDS victims, teaching in local schools, working at the local hospital or clinic, and/or working in community education. Other volunteer opportunities are also available upon request. Volunteer information